Do you love network analyses — but can’t get the new Gephi to work on Windows? Are you a social scientist — and so scared of all the programming stuff you see in every “fix”? Here is the fix, explained for normal people.
1. Open the Gephi folder in your Program Files directory (you can also see this file on the Start Tab),
2. Open the config file using WORDPAD (just treat this file like any old text document you might see in Word…but wrtitten in a foreign language),
3. Find the part at the end that says ” #jdkhome=”/path/to/jdk” (they never intended for this part to work — they assumed you would go in and fix this yourself)
4. Replace this with the path to your Java folder (in my case, it was at “C:\Program Files\Java”)
5. Save this CONFIG file (just save, thats all).
Once you get your head around the fact that Gephi’s designers never intended it work directly as downloaded, you will be fine.
Just click on Gephi now — and it will work.
Thanks to massoud — without whom I would never have gotten this to work…. http://forum-gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3580
For more advice, see: http://web.hku.hk/~bmichael/